Fakultät für Mathematik
Nordbergstraße 15 (UZA 4)
Tel: ++43 1 4277 50601
Fax: ++43 1 4277 9506
- The vicinity
- Public transportation
- From the train stations (Westbahnhof, Wien Meidling)
- From the airport (Vienna International Airport, VIE)
- By car (not recommended)
For an interactive city map (wien.at-Stadtplan) follow the link or click on the map below.
Source: Stadt Wien - ViennaGIS
You can enter the building (UZA 4) from Althanstraße or Nordbergstraße. The main entrance is on Nordbergstraße 15. When approaching from Althanstraße, take the outside stairway (labeled UZA 4) which is located next to the tramway stop Althanstraße. Once up there, the nearest entrance is to your left. The department is located in Turm C (the green area). You will find the secretariat (department office) on the 6th floor, rooms C604 - C607.
This is the easiest and most effective way to get around in Vienna. The city offers an elaborate system of public transportation, including the underground/subway (U-Bahn ), the tramway (Straßenbahn), busses and local trains (S-Bahn, Schnellbahn). The nearest underground and tramway stations are:
- Underground U4 - Friedensbrücke
- Tramway D - Althanstraße or Franz Josefs-Bahnhof
- Tramway 5 and 33 - Franz Josefs-Bahnhof
From the train stations
- From Westbahnhof: Take tramway 5 and get off at the stop Franz Josefs-Bahnhof.
- From Wien Meidling: Take underground U6 (heading towards Floridsdorf). At the stop Spittelau, change to the underground U4 (heading towards Hütteldorf) and get off at the stop Friedensbrücke.
From the airport (Vienna International Airport, VIE)
- By train: Take the City Airport Train (CAT) to City Air Terminal, Wien Mitte. Change to the underground U4 (heading towards Heiligenstadt) and get off at the stop Friedensbrücke.
- By bus: Take the airport bus (Vienna AirportLines) to Morzinplatz/Schwedenplatz. Change to the underground U4 (heading towards Heiligenstadt) und get off at the stop Friedensbrücke.
Traveling by car is not recommended, unless you are used to Vienna's routes and traffic. Parking is extremely difficult, as there are no parking meters and we do not have a designated parking lot. We strongly recommend using public transportation